The Latest News from Arkansans for the Arts
Check out Arkansans for the Arts news, get updates on the latest ARftA events, and read arts news from around the state.
Recap: Arts Advocacy Day | ARts Means... | October 13th, 2020
On October 13th Arkansans for the Arts asked "What do the Arts mean to you?" And you answered with over eight hours of testimonials, discussion, and interviews championing the Arts in Arkansas.
The virtual format of this year's Arts Advocacy Day allowed us to reach all four corners of the state and everywhere in between. The day opened with a casual hello from ARftA board members and Advocacy Day partners from around the state. At 11:30 arts leaders were joined by Patrick Ralston, Director of the Arkansas Arts Council, and AR Legislative Arts Caucus Members, Representative Denise Garner and Representative Tippi McCullough to discuss the creative economy and arts funding in Arkansas. The day concluded with two live interviews themed "Arts Means Business" with Congressman French Hill, Congressional Arts Caucus member and Senator Joyce Elliott, founder of the AR Legislative Arts Caucus. Throughout the day video content was released in the categories of ARts Means Futures, ARts Means Community, ARts Mean Wellness, ARts Means Communication, and ARts Means Business.
Pre-recorded and Live Event Recording Available Until December 10, 2020
Over 40 videos were submitted for Arts Advocacy Day from all across Arkansas. If you missed any moment, you can still find them all on our YouTube channel.
We have also posted recordings of our live Advocacy Roundtable and interviews with Congressman French Hill and Senator Joyce Elliot.
Everything is available on our YouTube channel for just one week before they come down!
Thank You to Everyone Who Made Arts Advocacy Day 2020 Possible
- Arkansas Arts Council
- Mid-America Arts Alliance
- CACHE - Creative Arkansas Community Hub & Exchange
- ProComm Eureka
- Thoma Thoma
- Congressman French Hill
- Senator Joyce Elliott
- Representative Denise Garner
- Representative Tippi McCullough
- Arkansas Department of Education, Alice Cojocaru, Little Rock
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, Will Watson, Bentonville
- Arts and Science Center for Southeast Arkansas, Dr. Rachel Miller, Pine Bluff
- 64/6 Downtown, Talicia Richardson, Ft. Smith
- Arkansas Symphony Orchestra, Drew Irvin, Little Rock
- Talk Business & Politics, Roby Brock, Little Rock
- Experience Fayetteville, Hazel Herzog, Fayetteville
- Arkansas Regional Innovation HUB, North Little Rock
- Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival, Karina Nagan, Hot Springs
- University of Central Arkansas, Dr. Gayle Seymour Conway
- Students for the Arts, UCA, Conway
- Arkansas Learning Through the Arts
- Fayetteville High School Color Guard, Fayetteville
- Opera in the Ozarks, Eureka Springs
- South Arkansas Art Center, El Dorado
- Dr. Chris Jones, The HUB, North Little Rock
- Victoria Mays, Conway
- Madison Conklin, Memphis
- Margaret Keough, MAAA Kansas City, MO
- Patrick Ralston, AAC, Little Rock
- Jake Herzog, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
- Dr. Brookshield Laurent, NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine, ASU, Jonesboro
- Dustyn Bork, Batesville
- Elizabeth Riddick, Little Rock
- Dr. Lenore Shoults, Mountain View
- Kate Schaffer, Bentonville
- Sandy Martin, Eureka Springs
- Garbo Hearne, Little Rock
- Maria Botti Villegas, El Dorado